- College degree in life sciences, science writing, journalism or communications required.
- Demonstrated experience implementing effective external and internal communications plans and strategies; experience in working with news media; and knowledge of academic medical center culture and Depending on area of focus, demonstrated experience with scientific and technical writing may be necessary. Effective use of communication tools, including print, Web, media relations, electronic media and other e-communication tools; AP Style and ability to apply institutional style standards consistently. Familiarity with media tracking services and databases preferred.
- Requires strong communication skills and proven ability to precisely and objectively communicate information; give and receive clear messages; ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment; effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects at once; meeting demanding deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; sound judgment and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive Ability to take direction.
- A minimum of three years of experience in journalism, media relations or public affairs, preferably for a university is Requires demonstrated experience working successfully on deadline and designing and implementing communications plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing effective external and internal communications plans and strategies and in editing/writing high-quality publications is required.
- Experience with hand-held video camera lighting, recording and editing
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.