Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Technologist for an assignment at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC. The MT will perform standard clinical chemistry and hematology tests. Knowledge and experience with Sysmex/Cellavision hematology analyzer and Ortho Vitros chemistry analyzer, are preferred.
Monday - Friday, Day Shift.
Accurately performs routine and special clinical laboratory tests in the Core Laboratory. Performs tests requiring independent judgment with minimal supervision. Has the capacity to operate clinical laboratory equipment in the completion of automated and manual procedures.
1. Accurately performs routine and special clinical laboratory tests in one or more disciplines including quality control and assists in researching and resolving technical and operational problems.
2. Participates in accurately instructing students and new employees in medical technology and technical procedures.
3. Appropriately utilizes the Laboratory Information System to report patient test results to an authorized medical personnel via telephone, hospital information system, or fax machine.
4. Actively participates in Laboratory Quality Assurance.
5. Performs scheduled equipment maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure accurate results and in assigned area(s) as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related science from an accredited college or university.
At least one year of pertinent full-time laboratory experience and/or training in the specialty or sub-specialty in which the individual performs tests.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.